810 North 22nd Street
Blair, Ne 68008
Hospital Main Phone Number:
Telehealth delivers expert care with a monitor, camera and audio equipment through our secure videoconferencing network, making it possible for medical providers and patients to connect virtually anytime.
A telehospitalist is a qualifi ed residency-trained physician that specializes in the care of hospitalized patients who deliver care electronically.
Hospital medicine is a specialty and we want to ensure that we provide the highest quality of healthcare. Telehospitalists collaborate with nurses, therapists, pharmacists and case managers while you are hospitalized and provide evaluation and treatment in the quickest way possible to help you get better soon. They work hand in hand with the medical team and may see patients anytime, day or night, and are available to you 24/7.
1. The nurse will bring in the virtual cart and call the telehospitalist.
2. The telehospitalist will appear on the screen. The video conferencing equipment is safe and is protected by HIPAA.
3. The telehospitalist and nurse will use medical diagnostic equipment for your assessment.
4. You and your family will be able to ask questions and participate in your care.
5. After the visit, the nurse will continue to work with the telehospitalist to handle your healthcare needs.
• Patients are able to stay close to home and receive specialty care here rather than going to Omaha.
• Care is available 24/7. Patients and their families can visit with the telehospitalist virtually any time to ask questions and discuss concerns.
• Expert nurses will be at your bedside to assist during your virtual visit with the telehospitalist.
• Access is available to your secured medical record.
• Ability to schedule care conference rounds.
• Following discharge, your primary care physician will have all of the information about your hospital stay.
In order to enhance and improve our services, we have added telehealth services to your stay. This will allow your doctor to see more patients every day and decrease the time you must wait for an appointment.
The hospital census varies day to day. The telehospitalists are dedicated to hospital medicine and are flexible with their schedules allowing them to make rounds throughout the day and night.
There is no additional cost to you for the telehealth service. The hospital will bill your insurance just as it has done in the past.
No. Although there is no cost savings to the hospital, this program adds to the quality of care offered to the communities it serves.