The MCH&HS Labor and Delivery Department is designed to enhance the birthing experience. Our highly skilled and caring staff addresses the unique needs of families while allowing parents to make choices for this very personal experience. We provide families with a warm, relaxed atmosphere in which to experience one of life’s greatest moments. Our nurses are ALS (Advanced Life Support), ACLS (Advanced Cardia Life Support), PALS (Pediatric Advanced Life Support), NRP (Neonatal Resuscitation Program), ALSO ( Advanced Life Support in Obstetrics), and EFM (Electronic Fetal Monitoring) certified.
- Childbirth education classes are available through referral to outside services such as CHI.
- Labor & Delivery unit is secure with restricted access.
- The nursery has a viewing window into a relaxing waiting area
- Visitor restrictions are in place due to COVID in order to keep everyone safe.
- All of our Obstetric providers offer a full continuum of care.
- Two private labor, delivery and recovery (LDR) suites featuring whirlpool style tubs are available to comfort and relax expecting mothers.
- Two private family-friendly post-partum suites are available.
- Rooms offer a pullout couch for visiting family.
- A refreshment area is near the Labor & Delivery suites to ensure your loved one remains close by.
- Epidurals are available 24 hours a day.
- An OB triage phone number is available for all OB patients to call with questions or concerns.
- C-sections are available.
For more information about our Labor & Delivery services and education programs, please call us!
Dr. Paula Thielen-Kocharov
Dr. Paula Thielen-Kocharov (click for bio)
Dr. Thielen-Kocharov received her medical degree from the University of Nebraska Medical Center College of Medicine and completed her residency at UNMC in Family Medicine. She is Board certified in Family Medicine with a strong interest in and focus on women’s health and maternity care. Dr. Thielen-Kocharov is experienced in C-Sections and minor office procedures. Dr. Thielen-Kocharov is board certified through the American Board of Family Medicine and has certifications in Advanced Trauma Life Support, Advanced Obstetric Life Support, Advanced Cardiac Life Support, Pediatric Advanced Life Support, Neonatal Resuscitation Program, and Basic Life Support.
Dr. Kevin Sisk
Dr. Kevin Sisk (click for bio)
Dr. Sisk attended medical school at the University of North Texas Health Science Center and completed his residency at the Ehrling Bergquist Clinic at Offutt Air Force Base in collaboration with the University of Nebraska Medical Center. He is a member of the Uniformed Services/American Academy of Family Medicine and the American College of Osteopathic Medicine. He has his Nebraska Medical License as an Osteopathic Physician and is certified in Advanced Cardiac Life Support, Advanced Life Support Obstetrics, and is an instructor for the Neonatal Resuscitation Program. He has special interests in Family Medicine and Obstetrics.