The MCH&HS Labor and Delivery Department is designed to enhance the birthing experience. Our highly skilled and caring staff addresses the unique needs of families while allowing parents to make choices for this very personal experience. We provide families with a warm, relaxed atmosphere in which to experience one of life’s greatest moments. Our nurses are ALS (Advanced Life Support), ACLS (Advanced Cardia Life Support), PALS (Pediatric Advanced Life Support), NRP (Neonatal Resuscitation Program), ALSO ( Advanced Life Support in Obstetrics), and EFM (Electronic Fetal Monitoring) certified.
- Childbirth education classes are available through referral to outside services such as CHI.
- Labor & Delivery unit is secure with restricted access.
- The nursery has a viewing window into a relaxing waiting area
- Visitor restrictions are in place due to COVID in order to keep everyone safe.
- All of our Obstetric providers offer a full continuum of care.
- Two private labor, delivery and recovery (LDR) suites featuring whirlpool style tubs are available to comfort and relax expecting mothers.
- Two private family-friendly post-partum suites are available.
- Rooms offer a pullout couch for visiting family.
- A refreshment area is near the Labor & Delivery suites to ensure your loved one remains close by.
- Epidurals are available 24 hours a day.
- An OB triage phone number is available for all OB patients to call with questions or concerns.
- C-sections are available.
For more information about our Labor and Delivery services and education programs, or for a free tour, please call us at (402) 426-1153.