We are proud to offer our patients quality care in a variety of medical areas. MCH&HS is your connection to quality. To learn more about some of our specific services, please view the following:
MCH&HS offers a full service Cardiopulmonary Care Department outfitted with state-of-the-art pulmonary function testing equipment helping our qualified staff to diagnose and treat heart and lung diseases. Listening to patients, understanding their concerns, and providing the best care possible are high priorities for this team of professionals.
All testing procedures require a physician's referral.
MCH&HS offers reduced-rate smoking cessation classes for the community. For more information on these and other community education programs, please call the MCH&HS Cardiopulmonary Department at 402-426-1163.
Diabetes Management & Nutrition Counseling
MCH&HS is committed to improving the quality of life for our patients living with diabetes. The Diabetes Management Center at MCH&HS is designed to teach patients how to manage their disease. The program is an American Diabetes Association recognized program utilizing certified diabetes educators. Patients receive comprehensive education on the care, nutrition and lifestyle changes necessary to live full and productive lives. A physician referral is necessary.
Educators are available to instruct individuals and their families on the basics of self-management. Individual instruction on insulin therapy is available, as well as assistance with the selection process of the most appropriate blood glucose monitor. Educational services are also available in a group setting. The two half-day sessions (8 hours) cover a wide variety of topics and are geared to assist people with newly diagnosed diabetes, as well as those who want to stay abreast of the disease and treatment advances.
Topics covered include:
- What is diabetes?
- Understanding the various types of diabetes and factors contributing to the development of the disease
- Benefits of regular blood sugar monitoring
- Treatment options, including medications
- Meal planning and nutrition
- Benefits of exercise
- Preventing and managing complications
People with diabetes need to pay special attention to nutritional needs. A registered dietitian/medical nutrition therapist can provide information and materials based on the individual's lifestyle and treatment plan.
A registered dietitian can provide nutritional assessments, one-on-one consultations and patient family education sessions in areas of healthy eating for coronary artery disease, diabetes, hypertension, weight management and other disease-specific illnesses.
A registered dietitian/medical nutrition therapist can provide information and materials based on the individual's lifestyle and treatment plan.
Speakers are also available for nutrition topics at various clubs and/or organizations.
For more information on Diabetes Management & Nutrition Counseling, please call (402) 426-1232.
The Diagnostic Imaging Center at MCH&HS brings state-of-the-art imaging services to the residents of Washington and Burt counties and the surrounding areas. From early detection to emergency x-rays, our patients can feel confident they have access to some of the best imaging equipment in the area. However, having access to the best equipment is only one piece of the puzzle when it comes to diagnostic imaging. At MCH&HS your tests are completed by a highly trained radiology staff and your results are read by board certified radiologists, giving you peace of mind during a likely anxious time.
The Diagnostic Imaging Center is equipped with the following imaging equipment. Click on each piece of equipment to learn more about its function and uses.
- MRI - Magnetic Resonance Imaging
- CT - Computed Tomography
- Bone Densitometry
Mobile Imaging Services
Memorial Community Hospital's Emergency Department is staffed 24 hours a day, seven days a week by a staff that maintains certifications in adult critical care, pediatric critical care, and neonatal critical care. Blair's closest choice for trauma care and stabilization, MCH works closely with the trauma system in Omaha including access to the LifeNet helicopter through our on-site Helipad. We also maintain a close working relationship with local rescue squads and ambulance providers.
With some of the lowest wait times of any emergency department in the Omaha area, and quicker access with new front door parking. Patients in need of emergency care can feel confident that Memorial Community Hospital's Emergency Department is their best option when they need the right care, right now.
Click here to see our Emergency Room doctors.
Financial Services & Billing
At Memorial Community Hospital & Health System we realize some patients may have concerns regarding payment for medical treatment, we are here to help answer those questions. You will receive a monthly statement showing the status of your outstanding accounts and any payments or adjustments that were made during the month. You may receive other bills in connection with treatment, such as charges from a radiologist, pathologist, surgeon, or consulting physician.
Please contact us to inquire about our many payment options, including payment arrangements, financial assistance, bank loans, and for "Balance Due" amounts.
MCH&HS Patient Financial Services: (402) 426-1255.
Office Hours: 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday - Friday
For financial assistance please complete: Financial Assistance Form
Memorial Community Hospital and Health System is providing our standard charges in a machine readable format. The purpose of providing this list of charges is an attempt to provide transparency in pricing amongst hospitals. p>
While we are providing our charges, please note that your actual out of pocket expense will depend upon your own unique medical care as determined by your provider and your insurance coverage which may include discounts, deductibles, co-insurance, and co-pays. Please contact your insurance company for more specific details about your coverage. These charges are for care provided at our hospital and our three rural health clinics located in Blair, Tekamah and Fort Calhoun. There may be additional professional fees billed to you by an outside provider that bills their own charges for their services provided.
These charges are for prices in effect on January 1st. It is possible that a patient’s bill for services from other dates may contain different charges. If you have questions, please contact our billing department at 402-426-1255.
Memorial Community Hospital is proud to offer skilled nursing care and rehabilitative therapy in a setting unlike any other in the area.
With on-site access to state-of-the art medical services and our team of highly dedicated medical professionals you can be sure that your healthcare is our first priority.
Our spacious and private rooms were designed to provide a warm, comforting environment for our patients and their families. Each room features the amenities you would expect from a first class hotel including telephones, flat screen cable TVs, fold out leather couches, large picture windows and spacious private bathrooms with walk-in showers.
Labor & Delivery
The New MCH&HS Labor and Delivery Department is designed to enhance the birthing experience. Our highly skilled and caring staff addresses the unique needs of families while allow parents to make choices for this very personal experience. We provide families with a warm, relaxed atmosphere in which to experience one of life's greatest moments.
- Childbirth education classes including Childbirth Basics, Breast Feeding Basics and New Baby Basics
- A restricted access, secure labor & delivery unit
- New nursery with a viewing window into a relaxing waiting area
- Flexible visiting hours, more involvement of fathers and the inclusion of sibling visits with the mother and newborn
- Many of our physicians offer prenatal health care, delivery and care of mother and baby after discharge
- Two private labor, delivery and recovery (LDR) suites
- These suites feature whirlpool style tubs to comfort and relax expecting mothers
- Two private family-friendly post-partum suites
- Pullout couches in all rooms for visiting family
- A "Daddy Kitchen" within earshot of the labor & delivery suites
- Epidurals available 24 hours a day
- Follow-up phone calls and support after discharge
- Home visits after discharge
- C-section availability
So, if you are expecting some changes, expect the best from us. For more information about our labor and delivery services, and education programs, please call us at (402) 426-1153.
Memorial Community Hospital and Health System's Oncology Department, located in the Specialty Clinic, offers a comfortable atmosphere with specially trained, compassionate nurses to care for you during treatment. The infusion room has 10 chemotherapy recliners and many windows providing beautiful, natural light. In addition to the chemo certified nursing team, a trained dietician, pharmacists, and social work staff are available. This team approach to cancer treatment allows patients to have the best care under the supervision of their own oncologist.
Other benefits of oncology care at MCH&HS:
- Long and short-term infusion therapy services
- Chemotherapy, biotherapy, and targeted therapies
- Blood product administration
- Chemotherapy administered according to established protocols
- Administration of medications that enhance the immune system
- Assistance with meeting nutritional needs
- Care and compassion close to home
- Cancer Resource Center- providing free wigs, scarves and breast prosthesis
MCH&HS Occupational Health provides cost-effective occupational health services in the office or at the work site. These services can be tailored to meet individual company's needs.
Clients of MCH&HS Occupational Health have access to a network of specialty and primary care providers who have experience in occupational medicine. These providers understand the needs of both the employer and employee.
- Timely and Comprehensive Communication between Providers and Employers
- Drug Screening
- Pre-employment, Annual and Specialized Physicals
- DOT Physical and Urine Drug Screening
- Breath Alcohol Screening
- Hepatitis B Immunizations
- TB Testing
- Occupational Injury Evaluation
- Fit for Respirator Medical Evaluations
- Laboratory Services
- Audiometric Testing
- Vision Testing
- Radiology Services
- Physical and Occupational Therapy Services
- Pulmonary Function Testing
- Flu Vaccinations
- Medical Review Officer (MRO) Services
For more information on MCH&HS Occupational Health Services, please contact
Lana Pleak, RN, CDE, COCH
MCH&HS Occupational Health Coordinator
(402) 427-4186 cell
Patient Financial Services
Our patient financial services office is here to help with any questions you may have regarding insurance & billing.
- We will file your claim for you to your insurance carrier or if appropriate the responsible workers compensation or liability company. You will receive a statement for any balance due after your insurance has processed your claim.
- We are happy to provide itemized statements or claim forms if needed
- We have a financial assistance program for un-insured and under-insured patients to help with out of pocket medical expenses owed
- We can assist you in applying for Nebraska Medicaid
- We offer interest free payment plans on amounts due
- Online payments are accepted as well as automatic payment options for monthly payment plans
Please contact us with any questions so we can work with you on your individual situation. 402-426-1255
The Quality Department provides oversight for the following:
- Ongoing and systematic quality improvement efforts as outlined in the organizational Quality & Patient Safety Plan.
- Assurance of compliance with federal and state regulations for Critical Access Hospitals.
- Patient safety initiatives and activities.
- Investigation and follow-up of patient grievances.
- Assurance of privacy of protected health information for each patient.
If you have a concern related to the care that you or a family member has received as a patient at MCH&HS, please contact the Quality Department at 402.426.1296.
MCH & HS offers 24/7 Respiratory Services to inpatients and outpatients. Our Respiratory Department is outfitted with state-of-the-art Pulmonary Function Testing equipment helping our trained staff to diagnose and treat heart and lung diseases. Registered Respiratory Therapists monitor
inpatients requiring assistance with ventilation with EICU availability. Listening to patients, understanding their concerns, and providing the best care possible to our patients is our goal.
We offer the following services here at MCH&HS:
- Pulmonary Function Test
- Cardiac Stress Test
- 24 and 48 hour Holter Monitoring
- Aerosol Therapy Treatment
- Oxygen Qualification
- Arterial Blood Gases
- Bipap Management
- Pulmonology Consultations
- Cardiology Consultations
A physician's order is required for all of the above procedures.
For more information on services provided by the Cardiopulmonary Department, please call 402-426-1197.
Sleep is important for healthy living. Sleep disorders can lead to short-term problems such as:
Decreased job performance, memory loss, weight gain, and an increased risk of automobile
The long-term effects of sleep disorders can be associated with serious health conditions such as:
Cardiovascular disease, diabetes, stroke and depression.
MCH & HS Sleep Lab provides complete evaluation and diagnosis of several sleep problems, including:
- Sleep Apnea
- Restless Legs Syndrome
A few signs and symptoms of Sleep Apnea:
- Loud Snoring
- Gasping or choking during sleep
- Pauses in breathing during sleep – witnessed by others
- Headaches upon awakening
- Un-refreshed sleep and morning grogginess
- Excessive daytime sleepiness
- Falling asleep at inappropriate times- during meetings, while driving, etc.
- Indigestion during the night
- Increased urination at night
- Problems with memory and concentration
- Decreased libido
MCH & HS offers a full service Sleep Lab once per week.
A Sleep Study does require a face to face evaluation with your provider and a provider's order is required for this test.
Please contact scheduling to arrange your sleep study at
Responding to the community's request for convenience, comfort and high quality healthcare services, the MCH&HS Specialty Clinic offers a wide variety of physician specialty services from specialists in the greater Omaha Metro area. Currently, the MCH&HS Specialty Clinic offers physician services in more than 15 medical specialties, with more than 35 physician specialists providing clinic services.
Our Specialty Services Include:
- Allergy, Asthma & Immunology
- Anesthesia/Pain Management
- Ear, Nose & Throat
- Mental Health
- Plastic Surgery
Our Therapy Services Department provides physical, occupational, and speech therapy services on an inpatient and outpatient basis.
We are inspired to provide excellent service, to patients of all ages and diagnosis, helping to treat and prevent disability and increase your ability to function while meeting your individual rehabilitation goals. We place an emphasis on helping you regain the highest level of functional ability possible in the minimum amount of time.
Our highly trained, licensed/certified staff stays up-to-date on the latest therapy treatments by attending professional continuing education courses covering topics such as manual therapy, postural restoration, shoulder rehabilitation and athletic injuries.
One-on-one attention and programs designed to meet your individual needs coupled with a friendly, energetic staff, will help motivate you to reach your treatment goals.
For detailed information about our therapy services you can reach our therapy department directly at (402) 426-1129
Expect the best in surgery care in Blair!
We are committed to providing our patients with a compassionate, personal touch. At MCH we offer surgical care in a number of surgical specialties including:
- General Surgery
- Ear, Nose & Throat
- Special Procedures
Let our experienced surgeons care for you. Click below or call (402) 426-1239 for more information about our specialty clinic and the surgery care we offer.