Nebraska Hospital Association Foundation announces health care career scholarship recipients
LINCOLN, NEB. — The Nebraska Hospital Association Research and Educational Foundation (NHAREF) is proud to announce the recipients of the 2018 Graduate Studies Tuition Aid Program and the Undergraduate Health Care Career Scholarship Program.
Congratulations to Natalie Uhing, Memorial Community Hospital & Health System, Blair (Aureus Medical Group scholarship)
ABOUT THE SCHOLARSHIPS
In an effort to address the ongoing health care professional shortage, the NHAREF is assisting future industry leaders in their efforts to pursue a degree in health care or further their education through two scholarship programs — the Graduate Studies Tuition Aid Program and the Undergraduate Health Care Career Scholarship Program. The scholarship programs can also encourage Nebraskans to remain in the state as they establish their careers in health care.
"The NHAREF is pleased to award scholarships to hospital employees who have selected to focus on a health care career. This year's awardees represent the commitment to advance their learning to enable them to provide direct patient care or to offer the many support services hospitals utilize," Nebraska Hospital Association President Laura Redoutey said. "We are honored that so many applied for these scholarships. We wish all of our student employees well as they pursue their educational dreams."
Four additional scholarships were offered this year due to a generous donation to the Health Care Career Scholarship Program from FocusOne Solutions and Aureus Medical Group. These scholarships assist students who are working toward a career to improve the health and well-being of Nebraska's communities. Dan Nordstrom, Business Development Executive at FocusOne Solutions, says, "Aureus Medical and FocusOne Solutions are committed to helping NHA members by supporting Nebraska nurses to achieve their educational and career goals at NHA member hospitals."
Nebraska's hospitals are proud to support these outstanding students who will keep our quality of care among the best in the nation.
Recipients of the 2018 Graduate Studies Tuition Aid Program:
• Emily Colyer, Children's Hospital & Medical Center, Omaha (Aureus Medical Group scholarship)
• Suzanne Day, Boystown National Research Hospital, Omaha (FocusOne Solutions scholarship)
• Brett Eggleston, Callaway District Hospital, Callaway
• Kristianna Farley, CHI Health St. Francis, Grand Island
• Christina Flaata, Brodstone Memorial Hospital, Superior
• Dawn Friesel, Nemaha County Hospital, Auburn
• Dayle Harlow, Fillmore County Hospital, Geneva
• Sarah Huettner, Columbus Community Hospital, Columbus
• Alisha Obando, Chadron Community Hospital, Chadron
• Sara Rybacki, Community Hospital, McCook
Recipients of the 2018 Undergraduate Health Care Career Scholarship Program:
• Marcy Aldana, CHI Health St. Mary's, Nebraska City (FocusOne Solutions scholarship)
• Amanda Barnes, Webster County Community Hospital, Red Cloud
• Bethanie Bates, Box Butte General Hospital, Alliance
• Jeanne Hansen, Dundy County Hospital, Benkelman
• Arthur Martin, CHI Health Lakeside, Omaha
• Elizabeth Maschmann, Brodstone Memorial Hospital, Superior
• Neil Schmedding, Children's Hospital & Medical Center, Omaha
• Natalie Uhing, Memorial Community Hospital & Health System, Blair (Aureus Medical Group scholarship)
• Jordin Wasson, Tri Valley Health System, Cambridge
• Andrea Wilder Wilson, Jennie M Melham Memorial Medical Center, Broken Bow
• Taylor York, Regional West Medical Center, Scottsbluff
FocusOne Solutions is a provider of managed services solutions and vendor management software to help hospitals nationwide streamline the staffing process and achieve a higher level of performance. They serve as the point of contact to source high quality staff. FocusOne is dedicated to helping outstanding health care professionals take the next step forward in their careers.
Aureus Medical Group is a national leader in health care staffing—and a Nebraska-based company—that brings more than 30 years of success to connecting hospitals with skilled and dynamic health care professionals seeking rewarding career opportunities. Aureus Medical Group is proud to play a vital role in the future of quality health care by providing assistance to students pursuing advanced degrees in their chosen health care field. Aureus Medical is a sister company of managed services provider FocusOne Solutions.
For more than 90 years, the Nebraska Hospital Association has been the unified voice for Nebraska's hospitals and health systems. The Association offers collaborative leadership, assisting its members to provide comprehensive care to their communities, improving the health status of those communities. For more information, visit the NHA website at www.NebraskaHospitals.org.
Download the Press Release »