- Interdisciplinary team member responsible for overall coordination of care and service delivered to patients.
- Able to perform the duties as assigned and to assist practitioner in all aspects of patient care as needed.
- Checks patients into the exam room, assist practitioner with minor surgical procedures and exams, administers medications, assists with patient phone calls.
- Proficient in the drawing, collection, and documentation of lab.
- Performs EKGs when clinically indicated.
- Schedule and follow up on patient tests, procedures, and specialty appointments as deemed necessary by the physician.
- Mails or calls results to patients as the physician deems necessary.
- Communicates assessment to practitioner.
- Licensure able to practice as a Licensed Practical Nurse in the state of Nebraska according to
the Mutual Recognition Licensure or current certification in the State of Nebraska as a Certified Medical Assistant. CMA certification from the American Association of Medical Assistants required within 6 months of hire.
- Current Basic Life Support Certification required.