- Evaluates, plans, implements, and documents nursing care for an assigned patient population.
- Assists physician during examinations and procedures. Performs various patient tests and administers medications within the scope of practice of the registered nurse.
- Promotes patient's independence by establishing patient care goals and teaching patient and family to understand condition, medications, and self-care skills.
- Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within the medical surgical field and Intensive Care nursing.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing. BSN preferred.
- Current RN Licensure in the state of Nebraska or Iowa required.
- Current BLS certification required. Current ACLS certification required or within 90 days of hire. Current PALS certification required or within 90 days of hire.
- At least 1 year RN experience required.