- Responsible for operating radiologic equipment in such a manner that high quality images are obtained for a Radiologist's use in diagnostic interpretation.
- This includes performance of radiologic and fluoroscopic procedures in the radiology department, the use of portable equipment at the bedside, and the C-arm in surgery.
- Performs exams according to department procedures (including technique, positioning, labeling
of images, patient and exam preparation, obtaining history and explaining exam to patient).
- Checks exam for image quality and completeness prior to dismissing the patient.
- Graduate of an accredited Radiologic Technologist program.
- Currently licensed by the state of Nebraska as a Medical Radiographer. American Registry of Radiologic Technologist (ARRT) certification or board eligible.
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required.
- Training with accredited radiology program and temporary license followed by above within 1 year.