- Has a working knowledge of instruments, cleaning procedures, sterilizing and wrapping instruments.
- Assists physicians with surgical procedures handing instruments, holding retractor and maintaining accurate surgical counts.
- Assists nursing staff with care of patients ranging in age from newborn to geriatrics. Able to be flexible with scheduling and duties to meet patient care needs.
- Assists in cleanup of OR with proper disposal of wastes, linens, etc. Cleans, sterilizes and assembles instruments according to policy and procedures.
- Maintains all specialty trays, instruments needed for surgery, and sterilizes instruments for all clinics, OB, ED and Med Surg.
- Assists with patient care in Preop and Postop under the direction of the RN. Routinely takes call to scrub for emergency surgery after scheduled hours.
- Available within 30 minutes for emergency procedures.
- High School graduate or GED required.
- Graduate of accredited Surgical Technologist program or on the job trained with 3 years of experience required.
- Current BLS certification required.